|Check Server in Germany|
|Check server in Switzerland|
The speed measurement data indicates the speed from your device to the server you selected. First, the download-speed is metered then the upload-speed.
The results are shown in Kbit/s, the same measurement many broadband-offers are promoted with.I don’t achieve the speed promised by my provider
Although the telcoinsider speed test is quite reliable, some factors may falsify the results:
- Other data connections during the check (eg. running downloads with other software, running email software, voip connections).
- Other users using the same broadband connection (eg. when multiple devices are connected via a router).
- Weak WLAN signal (the speed check shows better results if your device is connect with a wire to the modem/router).
- Old Hardware (eg. 10 Mbit/s network adapter and a faster internet connection).
- Overload at the speed test server (in this case, please check another server).
- Overload at your provider’s infrastructure (most providers do not guarantee the speed they offer or they only guarantee it within their infrastructure).
Although we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the results, you should contact your internet provider. They probably can provide a speed tester tool within their own infrastructure. It is possible as well that you reach faster connections to other servers than to our test servers.