Measure the internet speed you get from your provider to foreign content.
What are the requirements for this speed test?
What does the speedtest reveal?
The speed measurement data indicates the speed from your device to the server you selected. First, the download-speed is metered then the upload-speed.
The results are shown in Mb/s, the same measurement many broadband-offers are promoted with.
I don’t achieve the speed promised by my provider
Although the telcoinsider speed test is quite reliable, some factors may falsify the results:
- Other data connections during the check (eg. parallel downloads, email software downloading, VoIP or IPTV connections).
- Other users using the same broadband connection (eg. multiple devices are connected to a router).
- Weak WLAN signal (the speed check shows better results if your device is connected with a wire to the modem/router).
- Old Hardware (eg. 10 Mbit/s network adapter and a faster internet connection).
- Overload at the speed test server (in this case, please check another server).
- Overload at your provider’s infrastructure (most providers do not guarantee the speed they offer or they only guarantee it within their infrastructure).
All sources of disturbance have been removed but I still don’t reach the speed
Although we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the results, you should contact your internet provider. They probably can provide a speed tester tool within their own infrastructure. Speeds may also vary depending on the test server you are connected to.