MTN tariff plans 2020 — Cheapest call rates and benefits
MTN tariff plans 2020 are bundled packages for calls and data benefits updated for the year 2020!
These tariff plans are undeniably important, as it dictates the rate at which a user is charged when making domestic and international calls. Most of these plans comes with some underlying bonuses independent from the ones from other packages. Isn’t that enough reason to learn more about these tariff plans?
MTN is Nigeria’s biggest telecom operator with about 72,473,624 subscribers. This accounts for about 37% of the market share, according to a march 2020 report by NCC. This telecom operator has the best infrastructure in the country and this has been reflective in the generally affordable products from them. The tariff packages from them promises enticing bonuses to customers.
MTN Tariff Plans 2020 – The updated packages
MTN Nigeria recently updated it’s tariff plan list nipping some of it’s former packages to remain only about seven. Listed below are the remaining tariff plans deemed significant to stand:
|Tariff plan||Call rate||Migration code|
|Pulse||11.26k/s after the first 60 seconds call is charged at 25.6k/s||*406#|
|XtraValue||N27 per sec||*131*2#|
The MTN BetaTalk is a prepaid tariff plan that gifts alluring call value upon every recharges. 150% airtime bonus is gifted customers on every recharge below N100, while, 250% airtime bonus is rewarded on recharges from N100 and above.
Aside airtime, subscribers also enjoy 35MB data at N50 and 250MB at N200 on BetaTalk.
MTN BetaTalk Benefits
The following benefits are to be enjoyed upon migration to MTN BetaTalk plan:
- 250% bonus airtime on every recharge of N100 and above.
- 150% bonus airtime on every recharge below N100
- 35MB at N50
- 250MB at N200
- Free 10MB Data bonus on First recharge of the month
To migrate to MTN BetaTalk, simply dial *123*2*1# or text BT to 131.
MTN Tariff Plans 2020 — Pulse
MTN Pulse is another tariff plan that comes with enticing benefits, this time more of data. Calls are charged at 11.26k/s after the first 60 seconds call is charged at 25.6k/s.
Benefits of MTN Pulse
- Flat rate of 11.26 kobo/sec for calls across all local networks after being charged at the rate of 25.6 Kobo/sec for 60 seconds daily.
- Music streaming on Music+ at ₦10/day
- Pulse Nightlife Bundle (₦25 for 250MB and N50 at 500MB for a day)
- 100% data bonus on purchase of 500MB weekly bundle
- Data bonus on recharge.
To Migrate To MTN Pulse Tariff Plan, simply dial *406*1#, *123*2*2# or text 406 to 131.
mPulse equips students between the ages of 9 and 15 with the resources they need to maximize their potential and be all they want to be. The service has two features: the mPulse tariff and the mPulse website.
The mPulse website is packed with fun and educational contents.
Benefits of MTN mPulse
- Special data bundles for mPulse website at 700MB for N150 and 200MB for N50.
- Special Birthday reward of N200 airtime.
- Free WhatsApp monthly for 7days.
- Data Bonus on recharge.
- National calls at 15.36k/secs.
- SMS to all networks in Nigeria at ₦4.10.
To migrate to MTN mPulse, dial *344*1# or send ‘mPulse’ to 131
MTN Tariff Plans 2020 — XtraSpecial
MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid is a special tariff plan that allows customers enjoy a flat rate of 15.36k/sec for calls to all networks in Nigeria and to eighteen (18) selected international countries from the very first second.
Benefits of XtraSpecial Prepaid
You will enjoy the following benefits upon migrating to the XtraSpecial plan.
- Flat rate of 15.36k/sec for calls to All Local Network in Nigeria.
- Flat rate of 15.36k/sec for calls to eighteen (18) international countries.
- Special data bundles: 3.75GB monthly data bundle at N1500 and 4.5GB monthly data bundle at N2000.
- 10MB Data Bonus on First Recharge of the Month
To Migrate to Xtraspecial Prepaid Plan, dial *408*1#, send 408 to 131 or dial *123*2*4#.
MTN TruTalk is a prepaid tariff allows you enjoy FLAT rate of 11.26kobo/sec for calls ACROSS ALL local Networks in Nigeria after paying a daily access fee of ₦7.17
Benefits of MTN TruTalk
- A flat rate of 11.26kobo/sec for calls across all local Networks in Nigeria after paying a daily access fee of ₦7.17.
- Free migration every time you migrate to MTN TruTalk.
To migrate to MTN TruTalk, simply text ‘TT’ to 131 or Dial *123*2*6#
MTN XtraValue tariff Plan is a plan that rewards you with airtime for National SMS & calls, International calls to some selected destinations and volumes of data for browsing after subscribing to any XtraValue bundle plan.
The bundle is divided into two, one that offers more data, less call airtime, and one that offers just the direct opposite.
XtraTalk: This bundle gives you more airtime than data. You can subscribe to these bundles by dialing *131*2*1#.
XtraData:This bundle gives you more data than airtime. Dial *131*2*2# to subscribe to the arrays of the XtraData bundle.
Others worthy of mention
YafunYafun is a special tariff plan that rewards you as a New MTN customer with lots of benefits after registering and activating a new SIM.
Benefits of Yafun Yafun
- FREE N500 airtime after you register, activate and perform a chargeable activity. N400 will be used for National calls, SMS WHILE N100 for data.
- 700% bonus on EVERY recharge of N100 and above after registering and activating your new number. 500% of the bonus will be used for National Voice and SMS WHILE 200% of the bonus will be used for Data on all websites etc.
- 100% Data Bonus on EVERY Data activations.
To activate Yafun Yafun plan, do the following:
» Buy a new SIM, register and activate it and then select MTN YafunYafun tariff plan from the USSD Menu that will be displayed.
» However, if you fail to choose a tariff plan, you will be activated on YafunYafun plan by default.
Awuf4U is an offer that will reward customers with 400% airtime bonus on every recharge from N100 & above OR 275% on every recharge between N1 & N99.
All you have to do to enjoy this offer is to recharge using the special code *888*PIN# or via VTU.
Summary of Awufu4U Offer
|Recharge Amount (N)||Face Value + Bonus in Awuf4U Account||Validity|
|N100 and above||400%+Recharge Value||30 days|
|N1 – N99||275%+Recharge Value||14 days|
Charges from Awuf4U Account
- National Calls — 57.33k/sec
- International Calls to 13 Int’l destinations — 92.14k/Sec (N55.29)
- SMS — N4.10/SMS
- PAYG Data — N15.36/MB
To check the tariff plan you are currently subscribed to, dial *123*1*1#. Also, except stated otherwise, you would be charged N100 airtime amount if you migrate through Tariff plans within a 30 days period.
When paired for comparison with the Airtel tariff plans recently updated, Airtel package seems more cost-effective.
This however doesn’t take away the fact that these diverse tariff plans are suitable and affordable for a wide range of subscribers.