MTN taps into the Nigerian education industry by offering MTN mPulse, a platform created for tweens and teens. mPulse is designed to provide tweens and teens a platform for academic and self-development knowledge. The platform also allows them to play intellectual games.
Although MTN mPulse is primarily designed for tweens and teens, parents are also allowed to join the platform in order to monitor the activities of their children on the website.
Using MTN mPulse
You need to sign up to the platform to begin using MTN mPulse. Follow these steps to sign up to the platform.
- Log on to mtnonline.com/mpulse
- Navigate to the Login/Sign up section.
- Choose “I’m a student” or “I’m a Parent” as the case may be.
- Provide the required information on the website.
Features and Benefits of MTN mPulse
Students who use MTN mPulse enjoy a lot of benefits. The platform gives students access to a number of features. In addition, students can enjoy the following benefits;
- Sports videos and trending music;
- Interesting multi-player and single-player games;
- Migration to mPulse tariff plan;
- Preparation materials for Common Entrance, WAEC, NECO, JAMB, and Post UME examinations;
- Buy mPulse data plans and others.
The mPulse website is specifically designed for personal and academic development. Students have access to carefully selected YouTube tutorials, music and sports. On signing up, you will be given a 14-day free trial access to these materials but after the free trial period, you can renew the access by paying a token of N10-N300.
Users are not allowed to access YouTube outside the mPulse YouTube content. This ensures that the website contains the right kind of contents for tweens and teens.
In addition, parents enjoy a number of benefits, such as;
- Sharing data and airtime with their children;
- Viewing their children’s activities on the website;
- Controlling and monitoring the apps and websites their children access.
Other Features of MTN mPulse
The plan also offers special data bundles, special birthday reward, and several other interesting offers. Subscribers can make calls to any network in Nigeria at 15 kobo per second.
MTN mPulse offers users several bonuses on migration such as:
- N200 airtime reward for birthday
- 25MB WhatsApp data bonus on the first monthly recharge, and
- Data bonus on your first recharge in a week;
The first migration to mPulse in 30 days is free but subsequent migrations within the same month are charged N100.
Furthermore, you can migrate to mPulse either by dialing *344*1#, sending “mPulse” to 131, or by downloading MyMTNApp and selecting mPulse under “tariff plan”.
mPulse Special Data Bundle
Recharging mPulse account is easy, just dial *555*PIN#.
It is also easy to subscribe to the MTN mPulse data bundles. For a weekly data bundle of 350MB, send 350 to 344. For a monthly bundle of 1.2GB, send 351 to 344. Also, you can subscribe by dialing *344# and then following the prompt.
You can also subscribe to the special data bundles through the mPulse website. Select the data bundle of your choice from the drop-down menu of the student dashboard. You will be charged N50 for the MTN mPulse weekly bundle and N150 for the monthly bundle.
To check the MTN mPulse special data bundle balance, dial *344*2*2#. You can also check it through the MyMTNApp.