Best Data Plans For Android Users In Nigeria
If you use an Android phone in Nigeria, there’s a great tendency that you are spending thousands of Naira on data subscriptions monthly. Given the prevalent harsh living conditions in the country, spending above N2000 per month on data isn’t a good idea. Hence, I’ve decided to share with you some of the best data plans for Android users in Nigeria who are on a budget.
To start with, you need to consider the following;
- The network signal strength of the popular networks in the place you live and work.
One of the things that can annoy you to the bones is poor internet service. Every Nigerian has at one time or the other experienced this. In order to avoid spending your money on data, you may not use, first check the signal strength in your house and your place of work.
- Is your Android phone dual sim?
If your Android phone is dual sim, say hallelujah. You know why… This is because you can subscribe to two different networks; use one at home and the other in your place of work.
So what are the best data plans for us?
Here’s what you’ve been waiting for…
- Glo N1000 Data Plan: When you pay N1000 for this Glo data plan, you are entitled to 1.6GB worth of data. However, Glo gives you an extra 2.4GB worth of data – bringing the total data allocation to 4GB. That’s a sizeable amount of data for just N1000. The only problem you’ll experience with this data plan is the fluctuating network. Glo data plans are the cheapest data plans in Nigeria. To subscribe, dial *127*53#
- MTN N1000 data plan: This data plan offers less than the amount of data most Android users use in a week. But it’s on this list because the MTN network signal is arguably everywhere you go. This should serve as a substitute data plan for the Glo data plan. To subscribe, send 106 to 131.
- Glo N2000 data plan: For only N2000, Glo gives you at least 9.5 GB worth of data. Hello! If you’re not a heavy internet user, this should last you for over a month. That’s the best data plan you can get for such a price. The only drawback being the inadequate Glo signal in many areas. Did I mention I wrote this post with this data plan? To subscribe, dial *127*55#
Finally, in my own opinion, the Glo N2000 data plan is simply the recommended plan out of the aforementioned best data plans for Android users. Additionally, the N1000 MTN data plan is a good backup data plan – it will keep you connected when Glo fails.