MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa’s leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction.
In its resolve to enhance quality customer service, MTN Nigeria has also introduced a self-help toll-free 181 customer-care line through which subscribers can resolve their frequently asked questions free of charge.
All MTN Data Plans
MTN Internet Devices
MTN Auto-RenewalYour active data bundle will be automatically renewed at the end of the validity period if you have enough airtime credit.
To turn-off MTN auto-renewal, text 'No' to 131. Your current data subscription will not be disabled but continue until the end of the validity period without being automatically renewed.
In case you exhaust your data bundle before the validity date, you will receive a notification advising you to activate a new data plan or continue at pay as you go rate (5k/kb).
Data RolloverNow you can rollover your unused internet data to the next month subscription. All you have to do is ensure that you auto-renew your data subscription before it expires and your unused data is automatically moved to the next month. Note that data rollover feature is only applicable to monthly plans.
MTN Data ShareOne Data Plan, Multiple Users
Share your data plan with friends & family, wherever they are on the MTN network.
- Activate an applicable data plan.
- Dial *131*2*1# or text 'REG' to 131 to register for MTN Data Share. You will receive a unique security PIN.
- Change the system generated PIN to a new PIN that can easily be remembered by dialling *131*2*5# or by texting 'Change
' to 131. E.g Text 'Change 0000 1234 1234' to 131. Where 0000 is the old PIN and 1234 is the new PIN.
- After changing the PIN, add beneficiaries to your MTN shared Data Bundle account via USSD menu *131*2*2# or by texting 'Add
' to 131. You can add up to 5 beneficiaries.
- Once you have added beneficiaries, you (the sponsor) will be able to share your data bundle among the added beneficiaries by texting 'Share
' to 131 or simply dial USSD code *131*2*3#.
Data GiftingData Gifting service allows you to send a data bundle to your friends and loved ones, by simply paying for the data bundle on behalf of the person. Data Gifting can also be used to send data to your other smartphones, modems and iPad.
How to send Data as a Gift Plan:
Option 1 (SMS):
- 1. Register for the Data Gifting service by sending keyword REG to 131; you will receive a unique authentication PIN
- 2. Text key word "GIFT [MSISDN][Data Bundle Code][PIN] to 131. E.g Gift 0803xxxxxxxx 106 0000.
- Where 106 is the code of 100MB monthly plan and 0000 is your PIN"
Check Data BalanceFor MTN mobile data plan text '2' to 131 to get information about data usage
For MTN BIS (Blackberry) subscription text 'Status' to 21600 to get information about data usage
MTN Internet SettingsAutomatic:
Text 'SETTINGS' to 3888 using a 3g mobile phone.
Account Name = MTN GPRS
IP Address = 10.199.212.2
Port = 9201 (for WAP) or 8080 (for HTML)
Username = web
Password = web
Access Point Name (APN) = web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net