200% Bonus on all recharge
Q. What is MTN BetaTalk?
A. MTN BetaTalk is a prepaid tariff plan that rewards customers with 200% bonus airtime on every recharge of N100 and above.
Q. How does MTN BetaTalk call rate work?
- National calls will be charged at the same flat rate of N24/minute (40k/sec) from the customer’s bonus and main accounts.
- All National calls, SMS and Data will be charged from the customer’s main account as soon as the bonus airtime is exhausted or expires.
- International calls, International SMS and Data while roaming will be charged from the customer’s main account only at the prevailing international rate.
- NB: (National Calls & National SMS means calls & SMS to all networks in Nigeria (a.k.a On-net and Off-net)
Q. Who can migrate to MTN BetaTalk?
A. All MTN Prepaid customers can migrate to MTN BetaTalk tariff plan. Commercial Prepaid customers – MTN Trutalk, MTN Trutalk Plus, MTN iPulse, MTN SmoothTalk plus, MTN Super Saver plus, MTN Zone, and MTN Talk Talk will be able to migrate to the MTN BetterTalk tariff plan.
Q. Why should I migrate to MTN BetaTalk?
A. You will enjoy all of the following benefits when you are on MTN BetaTalk tariff plan:
- Will reward customers with 200% bonus airtime on every recharge of N100 and above.
- The bonus airtime will be available for national calls, national SMS and PAYG data.
- 10MB data when customers recharge with N100.00 airtime or more.
- The data bonus will be awarded only once a week. (i.e. on first recharge of N100 & above, subsequent eligible recharges in the same week will not attract a 10MB data bonus.
- The data bonus will be valid for 7 days from the time it is awarded.
- Customer will only enjoy the 200% bonus while they are on the Beta Talk Plan. If they migrate out to any other existing tariff plan they lose all the bonus
Q. How do I migrate to MTN BetaTalk?
A. Simply dial *123*2*6# or text BT to 131.
Q. How much will I be charged for migrating to MTN BetaTalk?
A. Your first migration to MTN BetaTalk in 30 days will be free of charge subsequent migration within the same month will be charged at N100.00.
Q. Will I be charged an access fee when I subscribe to MTN BetaTalk?
A. No, you will not be charged a daily access for subscribing to MTN BetaTalk.
Q. How many times can I migrate in and out of MTN BetaTalk?
You can migrate in and out of MTN BetaTalk as often as you want BUT your first migration in 30 days will be free.
Subsequent migrations in that same 30 day period will be charged at NGN100.
Q. If I am an MTN Postpaid customer, can I migrate to MTN BetaTalk?
- No, MTN Postpaid customers CANNOT migrate to the MTN BetaTalk tariff plan.
Q. How should the customer recharge in order to receive the bonus?
- The customer should:
- use the normal account recharge code (*555*..) or VTU
- Recharge her/his account with N100 and above.
- If the customer is using any other recharge code apart from *555*, s/he will NOT receive the bonus on recharge.
- If a customer on the BetaTalk plan recharges her account with less than N100, s/he will NOT receive any bonus airtime.
Q. How would the customer check his/her balance?
A A customer on the BetaTalk tariff plan will be able to check her/his main and bonus accounts balance by dialling the usual balance enquiry code, *556#.
Q. How would customers receive the 10MB data bonus?
A. A customer on the BetaTalk tariff plan will be able to check her/his main and bonus accounts balance by dialling the usual balance enquiry code, *556#. Customers will enjoy a weekly bonus of 10MB of data when they recharge with NGN100 airtime or more. The data bonus will be valid for 7 days from the time it is awarded.
Q. Would I able to send airtime to friends and family via Share and Sell?
A. A customer on the BetaTalk tariff plan is not eligible to send airtime via Share and Sell. You will be required to be on any other tariff plan to enjoy this service.
Q. Would my bonus balance be available for use if I migrate from the BetaTalk plan to any other tariff plan?
A. No, a customer would lose the bonus balance if they migrate from the BetaTalk plan. The bonus is only available for use when you remain on the BetaTalk plan.